YouTube is the most popular video platform on the web right now and has seen unparalleled growth during the last few decades. As YouTube makes it so simple and manageable for content creators and businesses to share their content among a large audience. As a result, people visit YouTube for several reasons, whether it’s a product review or some other content. YouTube channel stats gives great knowledge about visitors.
YouTube is simple to use and this is one of the principal reasons why it has leaped towards popularity over the years. There’s a very broad range of content to pick from. With millions of YouTube channels available, you’re guaranteed to get at least some that sound interesting to you. Also, to get the complete benefit of this platform you must be aware of the latest YouTube channel stats, which play a very significant role in preparing your marketing strategy.
Somewhere in 2005, there was a time when we once heard of YouTube. And now YouTube has undergone an expedited growth since it was founded. Since then, YouTube has opened paths for brands to advertise and promote their videos and has made content creators make an earning just by creating and adding videos.
This potential made content creators craft the most appealing videos and host them on this platform. This enabled YouTube to become the next most trafficked website after Google and the second biggest search engine in the world. User can easily watch their YouTube statistics to know their visitors.
With that said, now we can make out that YouTube is the most popular video platform out there. It simply accelerated in 2020 due to an incredible change in the entire world. As the majority of people staying at their homes, giving more time to their mobiles, laptops, etc. And you can say that YouTube Stats always has some or the other thing for everyone that they can pay attention to.
Top 10 YouTube Statistics that Every Video Marketer Should Know in 2021 to Stay Ahead of the Competition
Now, when it comes to the new modern trends about how people watch YouTube videos, where, when, including what, there are lots of misconceptions. Here we divide the current stats on YouTube watch behavior, you can check out these YouTube channel stats regarding its usage, subscriber growth, demographics, common usage, history, and more:
1) YouTube Has How Many Videos
Around 500 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube every minute worldwide. Out of which there are a lot of videos that are violating the guidelines of YouTube, which finally get taken down. So, it is very difficult to keep a count of the exact number of videos hosted on the platform. However, one thing is certain and that is above one billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
2) YouTube, The Second Most Popular Website in the World
YouTube is a platform that generates the second most traffic of all websites in the world. It has become the go-to website for users who desire to see videos and it stands as the second-most popular search engine in the world, right after Google. This indicates that audiences are often referencing YouTube for everything from fun, entertainment to essential “how-to” videos. YouTube’s most appealing factor is its mobile-friendliness and this is something to take advantage of when advertising on YouTube.
3)The Most-Watched Video on YouTube
Right from the small beginnings of YouTube, it has now owned billions of users, and today you can get videos on each possible topic, moreover with not one rather many videos on any random topic. There was a time when some people began their careers and took their first step on the platform. But it has become a media giant in its own right, and if any video goes viral, there’s a big chance that you watched it on YouTube.
“Baby Shark Dance” by Pinkfong Kids’ Songs & Stories is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has earned above 7.91 billion views since 2016, followed by many others in the queue.
4) People Discover New Products on YouTube
Customers today rely more on video content throughout each step of the journey. And this part of the information is remarkably valuable to marketers. Around 80% of the people find new products or brands by watching any new videos on YouTube. YouTube also helps to market your product. If you’re aiming to launch a new product in the market or improve the visibility of any product, you can make a video of that product that shows its benefits to users and post it on YouTube. See your engaged audience in YouTube channel stats, by acknowledging their issues and concerns, and by communicating your brand’s ideas.
5) Importance of YouTube for Businesses
YouTube is a modern resource that is capable of serving as a practical and modern business tool. Videos on YouTube have the potential to expose businesses globally, it serves as a powerful channel for communication. By consistently producing relevant video content, you may attract new visitors to check out your brand or business. And, you can also customize how your channel looks. Many businesses today update their YouTube statistics to display their brand identity, to stand out among the competition.
6) YouTube User Behaviour and Demographics Statistics
The way we watch videos is evolving. We’ve observed this with the emergence of live-streaming. When any video becomes more accessible with enhanced network reach and digital platforms, viewers adjust themselves to that shift. Considering this, an increment in users watching YouTube content on TV sets has been noticed, including the growing demand for YouTube stars, and how viewers are changing their time consumption practices. These key changes are a significant trend and are worth spending attention to.
Some Demographics YouTube Channel Stats:
- YouTube draws its most visitors from the United States, Japan, and India, where 16.6% of YouTube’s website visitors are from the United States.
- YouTube is available in more than 100 countries and 80 different languages.
- Over 50% of YouTube’s audience is female.
- Above 77% of 15-35-year-old American internet users watch videos on YouTube.
- 3% of social media users in the U.S. assumed their YouTube usage to rise slightly while staying at home.
- Over 67% of American internet users are aged 56 and above, watch videos on YouTube.
7) YouTube Users Like Watching Videos on YouTube Every Day
People watch around one billion hours of videos on YouTube and generate billions of views. Videos on YouTube today have become a prominent content source for people. Also, searches related to the term “how to” are growing at a huge pace year over year. This indicates that users are constantly searching for methods to learn something, and they rely on video content for a better understanding. Marketers should leverage the potential of video by YouTube statistics and provide their content as per the increasing preference for video content.
Today people spend more of their time on mobile phones than ever before. More than 75 percent of YouTube watch time results from mobile devices. It’s obvious that mobile views have grown much quicker than desktop usage, and because of this, it’s essential to stay updated with mobile video trends to provide your users the content that they want to see.
8) YouTube is the Most Widely Used Social Platform among US Adults
This stat determines that how compelling video content can be. When speaking about the US adults, YouTube is the most largely used social media platform with around 80% active presence on the app, higher than any other ‘traditional’ social network. The most popular and widespread social networks, listed by the percentage of US adults who state they use them, incorporates YouTube (81%), Facebook (69%), Instagram (40%), Pinterest (31%), and so on. Facebook holds second place, with around 69% of respondents stating they use it, followed by Instagram which 40% of the people there say they use.
9) Around 65% of Users State that YouTube Content Feels Like Real Life
As discussed earlier that there is a video for everything on YouTube. Need to fix your bathroom? You can see how to do so in no time, just search for the same. Digital marketing? Yes! How to floss your teeth? Yes. This indicates that viewers are connecting with YouTube content in a way that benefits them and they feel like they are experiencing what they’re viewing. Moreover, they can connect things, solutions with their real life. During this global pandemic of COVID-19, this seems to be a significant way to encourage people to still feel connected to their hobbies, passions, and regular life activities.
10) YouTube Usage Stats, Subscriber Growth Stats, and Mobile Stats
YouTube Channel Stats:
YouTube Usage Stats
- YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine and the second most trafficked website after Google.
- YouTube users collectively watch over 1 billion hours of content every day.
- The bulk of the most popular YouTube videos are music videos.
- YouTube is the most famous music streaming site.
- 70% of viewers say we stay more informed of new brands with the help of YouTube and they are more likely to use YouTube to find information about a product, brand, or service.
- YouTube users watch more than 180 million hours of content on TV screens every day.
- “Feeling entertained” and “Relaxing” are the biggest two reasons why users watch YouTube.
- Music, comedy, entertainment culture, and “how-to” are the four most popular content categories on YouTube.
YouTube Subscriber Growth Stats
- The number of channels that had higher than 1 million subscribers grew by more than 65% since last year.
- The number of YouTubers who make six figures per year has increased by more than 40% and who make five figures per year has grown by more than 50% since last year.
- The most popular branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has above 10.04 billion views.
- T-Series, a Hindi music channel, is the most popular YouTube channel with 171 million subscribers, followed by PewDiePie with 109 million subscribers.
YouTube Channel Stats For Mobile
- Alone on mobile devices, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-49 during prime time than any cable network does in an average week.
- 75% of adults say that they watch YouTube on their mobile devices.
- More than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from mobile devices.
- Over 50,000 years of product review videos have been watched on mobile devices since 2017.
- YouTube remained the fourth most popular iOS app after TikTok, ZOOM, and Disney+, during the year 2020.
YouTube Channel Stats for Nerds
- YouTube has always provided the engagement YouTube channel stats for a particular video but in the new menu, accessed through the right-click of the mouse, they show us more of the techy material through ‘Stats for Nerds’. The nerdy info provides you frames per second, video resolution, timestamp in seconds, and speed, amongst other metrics.
- Clicking on the “Stats for Nerds” CTA itself produces more info up on the screen. It brings up a box full of information in the top left-hand corner of the video. Clicking on ‘Copy video URL’ returns this new feature, ‘Stats for Nerds’ info seems somewhat different for videos on a flash player.
YouTube has been here for a few years now and has become the future of entertainment. And this is the reason why you and your business should be informed of these essential YouTube channel stats, so you don’t miss anything on YouTube when planning your marketing strategy. These top 10 YouTube channel statistics for 2021 will explain why your brand needs to invest in YouTube and how can make use of your resources carefully. You can utilize these YouTube facts and stats to help you build up a successful YouTube marketing strategy.